Senior Care Support Worker
Summary of role
To provide excellent leadership to ensure that people with learning & physical disabilities can take as much control over their life as possible, respecting their preferences and choices, and enabling them to participate in the community as valued citizens.
The post holder will need to be flexible and responsive to change.
We are looking for:
· An organised individual to lead the development and implementation of person centred plans and to manage day to day support for individuals within the service.
· An effective communicator to liaise with staff, parents, senior staff and third parties clearly and concisely both verbally and written.
· A confident leader who can build a strong ethos of vision, improvement and flexibility.
· A flexible and adaptable individual who can think on their feet to manage a busy service.
· Someone with a positive attitude and a willingness to develop new skills.
· Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
· Double pay for bank holidays.
· Enhanced overtime rate.
· Birthday leave.
· Company pension scheme.
· Additional annual leave for length of service up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
· Training & Attendance Bonuses.
· 20% membership discount with ARC for racquet sports & gym.
· Cash staff referral scheme.
· Free Will Writing service.
· Cycle to work scheme.
How to apply:
Email your CV now or complete an application via our website.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
7 days per week on a rota shift arrangement, alternative weekends off
Residential care home, Senior care / support worker
The Northam Care Trust Offering Choices, Supporting Outcomes
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
The Northam Care Trust is a charity formed in 1978 and our mission is to support people with learning and physical disabilities in having choice and control in achieving the best possible quality of life, evidenced by real quality outcomes and supported by our passion for excellence.
We are based in Northam and Bideford in North Devon and have developed person centred support for people with profound and multiple learning and other disabilities and complex needs in residential and day activities. Excellent communication, respect, dignity, engagement, support for carers and a set of values and behaviours underpin our work and add value with personalisation at the core.
We are the only organisation in North Devon and North Cornwall providing this high care specialist service and we are a vital resource for families and carers whose relatives live in our accommodation or use our community support facilities including the range of day activities we offer at The Rose Hill Activity Centre.