Guidelines for posting a job
Current Eligibility for advertising jobs in wider Devon
- Private, voluntary, public sector, social enterprise and charitable organisations employing staff working in adult social care and health in wider Devon, which includes Plymouth and Torbay. Work settings include adult social care and health workers in the community, care homes, hospices, mental health, learning disability, hospitals and supported living.
- Volunteer vacancies in health and adult social care in wider Devon.
- The remit of the Jobs Board is under constant review, as it expands and develops. There are some roles we cannot support you to advertise at this stage, as the Proud to Care campaign does not yet cover the remit:
- Vacancies solely for supporting under 18s e.g. teachers, tutors and escorts.
- To advertise a vacancy you need to register (which is free) and accept our terms and conditions. You can then login to the Jobs Board as often as you wish to advertise your vacancies.
These guidelines have been put together to help you get the best from your advert. The more information you can supply, the more attractive your advert will look.
After confirming your account by clicking on the email link please take the time to fill in your company details on your accounts page, including address, website, Twitter, Facebook, as this will then prefill many of the categories for you when posting an advert and will allow us full google analytics tracking of how well your advert preforms.
How to post your first advert
- Hover on Jobs and select ‘Post a Job’ from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the fields as you go down the form.
- If you have multiple job types/terms/locations, for example, full-time, part-time, various hours, you may duplicate the job at the end to post more than one vacancy (see instructions below).
- Add a sentence in the summary box which will show with your job advert in search results. Although optional, this will greatly increase the look of your advert and engage with candidates.
- Salary options are extensive. Use the range options if pay increases after a trial period or varies dependent on experience (e.g. £8.00 – £9.00)
- Complete the travel expenses field if you pay mileage or travel time. Select yes and give a short explanation.
- Organisation details; give as much information as possible.
- If you have a direct link to an application form, you can copy a URL to the specific job, instead of an email address. (for example, if your vacancy is also advertised on NHS jobs or Devon jobs, you will want to link to the specific job URL, rather than the home page).
- Always upload a logo, if you have one.
- Contact details: provide the full address, if the role is based at a single location, as this will be shown on a map and can be clicked on for directions. If the role involves working from multiple locations (for example, domiciliary care) then select ‘No’ and give an idea of location (for example, Exeter and surrounding areas or Topsham, Exeter and Exmouth).
- Take the time to preview your advert as some things may line up differently in preview mode. You can easily go back and re-edit to make your advert look the best it can.
Once you have submitted your advert it will be sent to the Proud to Care Devon team for approval. This will be done as quickly as possible, within 24 hours Monday to Friday. If your advert is rejected you will receive an email explaining why. Once approved, you vacancy is live and you can then find your job in ‘My Account’ and then ‘Jobs Board’.
How to post further adverts (duplicating), edit existing jobs, or remove a job
Log into your account and find the job in ‘My Account’ and then ‘Jobs Board’. By hovering over the job you can edit it, mark the post as filled, duplicate, or delete it. We wouldn’t recommend deleting the job as you may want to post it again in the future. If you mark a post as filled this will remove it from the live adverts and store it in your Jobs Board.
If you want to post a similar job (for example, you listed a full-time post and you have the same job but with part-time hours), you can duplicate the advert and simply change the few fields necessary.
If you would like any help or have feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Tracy Grant or Nicola Dunn on 01392 383000.