Are you passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives?
Our Supported Living team provides care and support for adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and complex needs, so that they can live their life, their way. Our service offers customers maximum choice, flexibility and control over their lives and in this role, you can help them achieve that.
As a Support Worker you will be part of our dedicated supported living team, you will find that every day is different, and you will get a real sense of fulfilment of supporting our customers.
You will be providing high-quality, person-centred care and support that enables each customer to achieve their goals and live the life they choose. You will identify different opportunities for our customers such as leisure activities which may include bike rides, beach walks, sport activities or trips into town. You will help them sustain social connections by accessing the community and explore new work placement and volunteering opportunities when they are ready to do so.
You will also be working on skill development to further independence and supporting with everyday activities such as personal care (toileting / washing / dressing), administering medication, financial organisation support, meal planning and nutrition advice.
Customers are truly respected and valued as individuals within our service which is why Guinness are rated outstanding by the CQC.
What could be more rewarding?
What you need to work as a Support Worker with Guinness:
- Experience is not essential as we provide industry-leading full training and support.
- You should be comfortable supporting customers with personal care which includes toileting, bathing and dressing.
- You should be flexible to work shifts with early starts and late finishes including working alternate weekends (both days).
- Above all, you need a real desire to care for others and make a real difference to their quality of life.
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a fantastic benefits package including:
- Competitive pay £11.03 – £11.33 per hour
- Permanent, contracted, full or part time hours with extra hours often available
- Helping to save for your future – Guinness will contribute up to 9% towards your pension on a matched basis
- Free enhanced DBS
- £250 unlimited staff referral scheme
- Company sick pay after a qualifying period and Life Assurance
- Excellent lifestyle benefits portal including cycle to work scheme and fantastic discounts at supermarkets and many other shops, on-line retailers & leisure activities
- Fully paid induction training programme, RQF/NVQ qualifications and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme, plus more!
If you are ready to make a difference and be part of our dedicated team, we would love to hear from you! Just hit the ‘APPLY’ button now to create your application.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Does the job role include personal care?: No
Shifts between 7am and 10pm including alternate weekends
Care / support worker, Enabler, Entry level roles, Learning disabilities, Supported living