Care Team Leader – Night Shifts
Are you a Care Team Leader, Senior Care Assistant, or a highly experienced Carer who is now ready to lead a team and take responsibility for leading a shift?
Sainthill House is a beautiful Residential Care Home in Exeter. Located on Cowick Lane, we are walking distance from Alphington, St Thomas, and parts of Exwick, and easily accessible by public transport from other parts of the city.
Rated good across the board by CQC we are focused on achieving two goals, providing outstanding care for our residents and a wonderful place to work for our team. To achieve this, we need to hire great people, nurture them, and ensure we offer them a wonderful place to work
We have a £250 joining bonus available for each new starter and we are seeking experienced candidates who can ensure the highest levels of care for our residents, while providing leadership and direction to a core team of care staff on each shift, and who can demonstrate that they have or are ready to take on leadership responsibilities.
If successful you will
- Lead shifts by supervising and setting the standard of care provided.
- Support the team in delivering individual person-centred care to each resident.
- Take responsibility for the provision of staff throughout the shift.
- Work closely with the Nurse in charge and management to report any clinical concerns or requirements.
- Provide feedback to the team, organise and provide regular supervision and appraisals for team members.
- Provide mentorship, support and supervisions for colleagues ensuring new colleagues integrate successfully into the organisation, and the existing team is supported and mentored.
To be considered you should be an exceptional carer who can deliver high standards of person-centred care.
You should demonstrate good leadership skills, leading by example, with an ability to motivate, and maintain enthusiasm and great care delivery over a shift.
You should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to give instruction, and feedback to colleagues. You should also have good admin and record keeping skills, ensuring all documentation is updated and recorded appropriately and on time.
In return we can offer a competitive hourly rate £11.55 per hour, + 10% night shift enhancement
- Enhanced overtime rates of £14.05 per hour
- £250 joining bonus once you have successfully passed your probationary period
- 28 days annual leave inc bank holidays (pro rata)
- Birthday scheduled off
- Free parking
- Free meals on shift
- Travel plan (50% reimbursement on public transport costs to work)
- 20p per mile travel allowance if you drive to work
- Free uniform and DBS check provided
- Staff referral scheme, earn bonus for referring good people
If this is the job you have been waiting for then apply now.
Travel expenses details:
50% reimbursement on public transport costs or 20p per mile for commute
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
8pm to 8.15 am
2, 3 or 4 nights per week available
To be considered you should be an experienced Team Leader in a care setting or an experienced carer who is ready to step into a Team Leader role.
Care / support worker, Residential care home, Senior care / support worker
Sainthill House Sainthill House
Type of organisationPrivate
SectorHealth and social care
Sainthill House is a beautiful residential Care Home in Exeter. Located on Cowick Lane, we are walking distance from Alphington, St Thomas, and parts of Exwick, and easily accessible by public transport from other parts of the city.
Rated good across the board by CQC we are focused on achieving two goals, providing outstanding care for our residents and a wonderful place to work for our team. To achieve this, we need to hire great people, nurture them, and ensure we offer them a wonderful place to work.