Newly Qualified Social Worker (ASYE) – Adults (Ref.5529)
Are you a Newly Qualified Social Worker with a passion for improving the lives of adults and dedicated to making a difference? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for committed and motivated Newly Qualified Social Workers who can bring the following qualities to our forward-thinking Teams:
- A recognised professional Social Work Qualification (BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and to hold a Social Work England registration by April 2024.
- Current knowledge and understanding of policies and processes and some experience of working within a social care environment.
- Passionate, person-centred and eager to learn, you’ll be ready to make that all-important step from education into your chosen profession.
- Confident at managing conflicts, solving problems and dealing with challenging situations.
- Proactive and assertive in your approach, you are confident in making best judgements (but you won’t be afraid to ask questions) and building effective working relationships with your professional network.
- Excellent organisation skills which will enable you to manage your time effectively including prioritising conflicting demands and working effectively under pressure.
- Can effectively communicate and have good interpersonal skills to enable you to build rapport and relationships with people of all ages and backgrounds.
About the role
The ASYE is in place to ensure that all Newly Qualified Social Workers receive dedicated, consistent and effective support in their first year of practice, enabling them to approach their career in social work with confidence.
The 12-month programme offers a positive introduction to social work with adults in Devon and the profession in general. With our recent successes at the Social Worker of the Year Award, it’s a good time to join us.
Joining us as a Newly Qualified Social Worker is a chance to apply what you’ve learnt to real situations, alongside developing your skills and knowledge. You will be supported to practice and develop your skills in assessment and solution-focussed support planning and to apply theory, legislation and policy to your practice.
Your role will include everything from:
- Completing assessments and reviews
- Undertaking safeguarding enquiries
- Planning support
- Working with integrated professionals to manage, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
Most of your time will be carrying out practical social work but this is also a perfect opportunity to train, learn and ask questions.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- Reduced case loads
- 20% Development time (pro rata) to support you in your role.
- Excellent training opportunities.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Newly Qualified Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
How to apply
To apply to join Devon County Council’s ASYE programme in Adults’ Services, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ and complete your application today!
Please highlight on your application form:
- The areas of Devon in which you would be looking to work
- Within the Qualifications and Memberships section, please state the date of your Social Work qualification or when you are due to qualify
For an informal discussion on this role, please contact the Workforce Development Team at email@example.com
Does the job role include personal care?: No
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.