Support Worker – Ref 5528
Part Time 30 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity and would you enjoy supporting individuals? If so we would be interested in hearing from you.
Silverhill Day Centre is a service which provides support for older adults including those living with dementia. We currently have a 30 hour vacancy for a support worker.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, creative and enthusiastic person to work within our building base service which currently operates 4 days per week but will be expanding to 5.
Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be given. What we desire is your energy and commitment to provide a varied programme of person-centred activities.
This will involve providing a range of meaningful activities which could include cooking, gardening, music as well as reminiscing activities.
You will need to be able to work as part of a team but also independently with small groups, be an effective communicator and be able to work in a person-centred way. This role will also involve personal care.
For informal chat please call Sharon Davies on 01392 380542/07970680870 or the duty manager on 01271 343623
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working – The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Monday - Friday, 30 hours
Barnstaple Day Services
Care / support worker, Day services, Entry level roles
Devon County Council Local government