Senior Support Worker
Times are changing at The Guinness Partnership.
Our Outstanding Supported Living Service is evolving to make our support for adults with learning disabilities even better.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker that shares our vision for delivering the very best care for our customers and supporting them to live the life they want to live.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be leading a team of dedicated care and support enablers. You will be responsible for:
- Inducting and training staff to deliver high standards of person-centred care.
- Monitoring staff performance and giving feedback for continuous improvement.
- Promoting customer independence ensuring they have choice and control over their own lives, ensuring that care plans and risk assessments are followed.
- Liaise with professionals regarding the customer’s social care and well-being.
- Managing the staff rota to ensure that all shifts are covered.
- Covering on-call on a rota basis.
You will work closely with the Registered Manager for the service and your responsibilities will be shared with another Senior Support Worker, you will have dedicated time to complete administrative tasks.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced as a Senior Support Worker/Carer or experience of working within care or support work and be ready for a step up.
- Ideally you will have experience of supporting people with learning disabilities.
- Qualified NVQ/RQF Level 2 in Health and Social Care (or be willing to work towards).
- Strong communication and IT skills.
In return for your dedication and hard work, you will get a fantastic benefits package including:
- Competitive salary of £24,900 per annum
- Salary based on 40 hours, equivalent to £11.93 per hour.
- Permanent contract – 30 – 40 hours available.
- Paid sleep in shifts – £78.75 per night.
- On-call pay – £150 per week.
- Helping to save for your future! Guinness will contribute up to 9% towards your pension on a matched basis.
- Company sick pay after a qualifying period
- Free enhanced DBS.
- Unlimited £250 refer a friend scheme.
- Excellent lifestyle benefits portal including cycle to work scheme
- Fully paid induction training programme.
- RQF/NVQ qualifications and on-going training and development.
- Employee Assistance Programme, plus more!
If you want to be part of a team that is going places, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply today!
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note we are only able to consider applications from people who are currently based locally to the role.
We are not offering sponsorship for this role.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Shifts between 7am and 10pm including alternate weekends.