Social Worker – Woodbury, Exmouth & Budleigh Salterton CHSCT – Ref.5509
Woodbury, Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton
Woodbury, Exmouth & Budleigh Community Health and Social Care Team is a busy health and social care team working with adults, and young people in transition from Children’s Services. Your workload will be varied and will deal with older adults, learning disability, physical disability, mental health, dementia, drug and alcohol misuse, and your work will cover safeguarding, MCA, social care assessments, provision of care, and complex risk management in the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Social Worker to work full time in the team to support a varied and complex workload in the locality area. You will work in partnership with agencies and families to best support clients in line with the Care Act, and other statutory frameworks
We are a friendly and supportive team, who encourage staff to work and continue learning and to reflect on practice and appreciate contributions to ongoing reflective practice within the team.
We would also consider applications from candidates looking to work part time hours.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
For further information on this role please contact Donna-Marie Wilson email@example.com or 01392 383000.
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Does the job role include personal care?: No
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.