Senior Support Worker
North, near Bow village
As a Senior Support Worker, you will provide comprehensive support to the manager, covering their responsibilities during their absence. Collaborating with the manager, as a Senior Support Worker, will work towards creating a safe and nurturing environment that instils a sense of belonging and enables children and young people to reach their full potential. This includes strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength, all while adhering to The Children’s Home Regulations 2018 and the Ofsted Inspection framework under the guidance of the Home Manager and Senior Management Team.
As a Senior Support Worker, your primary duty is to actively safeguard and nurture children and young people while championing their individual rights and ensuring that the quality of care aligns with their unique care plans, regulations, and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Moreover, as a Senior Support Worker, your role may encompass taking on specific responsibilities as delegated by the manager. Balancing the importance of maintaining confidentiality with the ability to discern when and where to share information in the child’s best interests, as outlined in The Children’s Act 2004, is of paramount importance.
Do you have?
· At least Level 2 in Childcare & education and safeguarding children
· Minimum 1 year working with children who display challenging behaviour.
· Experience of supporting children with SEMHD.
· Excellent identification of risk and ability to reduce risk for children, young people, and staff.
· Excellent knowledge of Children’s Homes regulations.
· Trauma and attachment training
· First aid certification
· Training in PI, Physical Intervention.
· Proven CPD record
· Full UK driving license.
· We provide extensive mandatory and induction training.
· We also offer significant on-going training including Attachment & Trauma, Child development, Suicidal ideation, ADHD and more.
· We provide 1-1 with your manager or Senior Manager in addition to regular supervision.
· Access to external support such as online and telephone medical, financial and well-being advice.
· Online advice portal
· Telephone counselling
· Recognition rewards
· Reduced gym memberships
· Discounts at a variety of supermarkets
· Reduced cost mobile phone bills with selects providers.
· Discounts and upgrades on travel and holidays
· Discounts on tech such as Apple and HP
· Discounted shopping, cinema tickets, show tickets, restaurants and many more.
· Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and ride to work.
· You can also earn cash back through the things you buy each.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Hours: 48 hours
Shift pattern: 48 hours per six days on a rota basis, this will include weekends and sleep-ins.
Mental health, Residential care home, Senior care / support worker, Youth work
Olive Recruit Olive Recruit
Type of organisationAgency
SectorHealth and social care
We are here to support you with a job-seeking process that suits your needs and reduces your time spent chasing job ads. Our goal is to simplify your job search and increase your chances of success.
We prioritize finding job opportunities in the health and social care sector in the UK, that align perfectly with your values and skill set. We take great care in ensuring that there is a good match before making any connections, so you can approach your job search with confidence and ease.