We need people just like you!
There are many people in your community who need our support to stay in their own homes.
You could make all the difference to someone’s day.
Join us and you’ll get:
- To be part of a small, professional team who are more like a family
- Paid at least the Real Living Wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation for all the time you work for us, whether caring or travelling
- 45p/mile mileage expenses paid, including being paid from home to first visit and after last visit back home if the journey is above 10 miles
- An additional 10% on top of carers’ hourly rate if you work pre 8am, post 6pm or over the weekend
- Flexible shift patterns – from 4 to 40 hours per week
- Fully paid training and support until you are ready to work on your own
The overall purpose of the role is to provide a high quality and person-centred service that responds to the needs and preferences of the client, enhances their quality of life and promoted independence. Duties may include:
- Supporting individuals with their personal care routines
- Assisting with practical household tasks
- Helping clients to access the community, offering conversation, companionship, social and emotional support
- Assisting with medication, e.g., via prompts and reminders
- Care experience is NOT required. We offer all the training and support you need until you are ready to work on your own.
- Empathetic and caring
- Driver (essential)
Travel expenses details:
45p per mile
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Shifts are typically between 7am - 2pm and 4pm - 9.30pm. However, if you are looking for specific hours or days, get in touch as there is flexibility and may be able to offer just what you are looking for!
Must be a driver and have access to a vehicle
We cover the North East Dartmoor area
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Home care / Domiciliary care, Senior care / support worker
NEDCare CIO Community-led care at home in North East Dartmoor.
Type of organisationCharity
NEDCare is a registered charity, providing bespoke, personalised care at home to people in the North East Dartmoor area. We put people before profit, ensuring that those who most need care are able to receive it.
We provide person-centred care across North East Dartmoor. We aim to:
- Put the people we support at the heart of what we do
- Deliver flexible, responsive and person-centred services of the highest quality
- Focus on the employment of local carers under the best possible terms and conditions
- Build an engaged and committed workforce to deliver excellent care services