Social Worker – Community Health & Social Care Team (Ref 4729)
Full and Part Time Opportunities Available
The Newton Abbot over older persons’ Social Care Team currently has permanent positions available for full-time or part time social workers. The post would suit a qualified social worker looking for a fast paced and varied role that will include strengths-based assessments, co-ordination of care and placements and ongoing social care support including utilising informal and voluntary resources.
Work will include the completion of mental capacity assessments, Best Interest decision making and support and the completion of safeguarding adult enquiries as an example. We are a supportive and proactive team who are proud to support service users with a range of support needs to creatively shape their lives and their community to achieve greater independence and self-determination.
You will work closely with Health colleagues within the Newton Abbot Health and Social Care Team, Intermediate Care Team and Community Therapies, Community Nursing, and the Older Persons Mental Health teams.
You will develop good working links with the various voluntary groups in the area and GP surgeries. You will be required to offer support and guidance to the wider locality team.
The nature of this work requires you to be highly organised with excellent recording skills and in turn you will receive excellent support and regular supervision and support in from an experienced and friendly team.
Social Work Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
For further information on this role please contact Anna Knight at email@example.com or 01392 383000
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Full and Part Time Opportunities Available
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.