We are looking for a kind and reliable Care Assistant to join our friendly, dedicated team.
Ideally you should have some qualifications in social care and experience of caring for elderly people, including those living with dementia. However, if you live locally and feel that you have the qualities needed for this role, we would like to hear from you. You may have some relevant experience caring for a relative or are looking for work that you feel helps people and is truly worthwhile.
In this role you will:
- Help our residents with all aspects of their personal care and having meals
- Be organised and efficient at record-keeping, writing notes and working with care plans
- Show empathy and patience, spending time with individual residents and helping them to participate in activities
- Be actively involved in our staff training programme
- Be able to work flexible shifts. We operate 6- or 12-hour shifts, 8-2, 2-8, 8-8. This role will require some weekend and night shifts (Pay enhancements for weekends, nights)
Full time or part time positions available.
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care. However, if you live locally and have some relevant experience, are looking to return to work, or are keen to start a career in care and willing to undertake training immediately, we would like to hear from you
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
This role is for varied shifts, so flexibility is needed and willingness to work day or night hours, including some weekends, according to rota needs.
We operate 6- or 12-hour shifts, 8-2, 2-8, 8-8.
DBS check and 2 references required
We offer free DBS check, free uniform, staff training programme, support and encouragement to progress your career in care
Please note that applicants would need to comply with the Home's policy on Covid vaccination.
Pinehurst Care Home
14 Chambercombe Park Road
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Residential care home
Pinehurst Care Home Friendly care home in Ilfracombe
Type of organisationPrivate
Pinehurst Care Home in Ilfracombe has been established for over 30 years, providing a true family home for our residents. Our staff are key to creating the warm, friendly and informal atmosphere that makes residents and their families choose our home. We have 21 rooms and care for residents over 65, some living with dementia. Most are permanent residents; occasionally we provide short-term/respite care. Our CQC rating is GOOD in all categories.