Community Care Assistant
Do you want to feel valued in your job role?
· Work locally in Ivybridge
· Work flexible hours that suit you
· Full or part-time working
· Enjoy working within a friendly supportive team
· Coming back into the workforce after raising a family
We are looking to expand our friendly team of carers in the above and and surrounding areas.
As a community care worker we are seeking caring, flexible and enthusiastic individuals who would like to make a difference to peoples lives. Experience is not a necessity as full training for the job role will be given.
All we ask is that you have
· A Full UK Driving Licence
· Your own mode of transport
· A Flexible approach
· You will be working alternate weekends and some evenings (Shift patterns can be discussed at interview).
· An Enhanced DBS (police check) . Disclosure expenses met by the employer
Your Duties will include
Providing support to vulnerable adults within their own homes and tasks would consist of providing support with :
- Personal Care
- Washing and dressing
- Preparing meals and prompting medication
- Also you may be involved in some domestic tasks such laundry, Vacuuming and shopping .
Pay Rates and Benefits
· Variable shift patterns from 16hrs up to 40hrs per week
· Paid Travel Pay.
· Paid Mobile Phone allowance
· Pension allowance
· 5 weeks paid holiday per year
· Free uniform
· Free training Up to QCF level 3
· Paid Training if sent on specialist courses
· Working within a team
· Subject to completing probation a guaranteed hours contract
Travel expenses details:
All travel between service users is paid and a mileage of 45p per mile
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
am shift = -7.00 to 12.30
Pm Shift = 4.30pm to 10.30pm
You will be required to work alternate weekends both Saturday and Sunday
Must have good communication skills
Must have a full UK driving Licence
Must have own Transport
Ivybridge and surrounding areas
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Home care / Domiciliary care
Peninsula Care - Community Care
Type of organisationPrivate
SectorHealth and social care
Peninsula Care Devon
Provides care and support in the local community to our most vulnerable adults. From personal care to offering a big smile.