Community Enabler/Support Worker
You will support a variety of individuals in their homes and in the community, there is no personal care or overnight support provided.
Main duties and responsibilities
To work respectfully in a way that supports individuals to live a happy and fulfilled life, valuing people’s uniqueness and empowering them to have a voice with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices.
- To provide Enabling Support to adults with Learning Disabilities who live in their own homes within the local community.
- This will be different for each individual, but may include:
- Support with finances, including budgeting, paying bills and benefits.
- Tenancy support, including ensuring that the home is maintained to an acceptable level.
- Support around cooking and mealtimes, including planning, grocery shopping, preparing meals, and developing cooking skills.
- Support to stay safe.
- Support to access the community and other facilities, including signposting other professionals if required.
- Prompts for personal care (No personal care is provided by us).
- Prompts for medication (No medication administration is provided by us).
- You will work as part of a staff team that provides person centred support. You will be required to work flexibly within a rota system, including a share of evenings and weekends. This will include covering staff absence where possible.
Communication and Administration
- Read and complete Communication Records on each support shift.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Enablers and Managers, keeping them informed of all important information at all times. This may be done by phone or email.
- Check emails regularly, as this is our preferred method of sharing information within the team.
- Liaise with and maintain links with professionals, carers, parents and family.
- Keep all paperwork in good order and work within operational guidelines for gathering and storing information.
- Attend, and contribute to, staff meetings as required.
- Participate in training and development opportunities.
- Liaise with, and provide support to, your colleagues, and ensure that communication is effective within the team.
You will need to be a car driver and have experience working in a care setting.
Okehampton and surrounding areas
Care / support worker, Community, Enabler, Home care / Domiciliary care, One-to-one support
SAY(Same As You) Support Services Ltd
Type of organisationPrivate
SAY has been providing high quality person centred support in the Mid Devon area for 15 years.