Care Assistant Days
St Thomas, Exeter
Senior Care Assistant / Shift Leader / Registered Nurse
As a Care Assistant within RMBI Care Company you will play a vital role in ensuring that all our residents needs have been met and that they are provided with person-centred personal care that enables them to have a perfect day.
You will assist our residents, whilst respecting their dignity and promoting independence, with a wide range of daily activities from bathing, dressing, support with eating and taking medication through to singing, gardening, day trips, and celebrating special events. Your role is to ensure that all our residents can continue to live the lives they love and are encouraged to maintain the activities they have always enjoyed.
Care Assistant’s also ensure that all care plans are kept up to date using our electronic care planning system and therefore you will need to be comfortable using technology and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will be looking to develop a career within Health and Social Care. You may already have previous experience or an NVQ in Health and Social Care and we will support you in continuing to build on your previous success. Alternatively you may be new to Care and we will provide you with a full training programme introducing you to the role and support you in obtaining your first professional qualification.
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our team.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Our residents’ and staff health, safety and wellbeing is our top priority. For more information about how we are keeping everyone in our Homes safe during the pandemic, including details about our vaccination roll out, PPE and lateral flow tests, please visit www.rmbi.org.uk/safety
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Full time or part time, every other weekend
- Opportunities for career development & promotion, with associated salary increases
- Support and funding for NVQ’s
- Employee of the Month
- Annual pay review
- All Care Workers trained to national Care Certificate level as a minimum standard
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- DBS check paid for by the company
- Variety of free training courses (all staff are paid to attend any company provided training at their usual hourly rate of pay)
- Opportunities for overtime with additional financial incentives for extra shifts worked
- Long service awards
- Company provided uniform
- Wellbeing committee where we arrange regular social events
- Company provided meals whilst on shift
- Annual summer fair for staff and families
- Free parking on site
- Christmas gifts and annual raffle
- Company provided benefits platform with access to a 24/7 confidential counselling line, practical health plan cover and retail/days out discounts