There are resources to support Proud to Care Ambassadors at events, including:
- Proud to Care flyers, tablecloths, business cards and pull-up banners.
- Skills for Care booklets and leaflets outlining careers and apprenticeships in care.
- Health Education England booklets on a range of health related careers from medicine, midwifery and dentistry to therapy, allied health care and domestic duties, and a booklet giving an overview of the sector.
- Torso with removable body parts for schools engagement
- Impairment aids; visions blurring goggles, sound cancelling headphones and bulky gloves for use with schools activities to show how impairments affect ability to preform every day tasks.
Please contact your local champion to arrange collection of resources:
Exeter, East and Mid Devon
Tracy Grant, Devon County Council, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QD
South Devon & Torbay
John Powell, Unicare, 145 Queen Street, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2BN
Tash Koerner, North Devon Healthcare NHS Trust (Devon Cares)
Barnstaple Hospital, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple EX31 4JB
St Georges Road, Barnstaple, EX32 7AU
Ginnie Stiff, Livewell Southwest, first Floor, Windsor House, Tavistock Road, Plymouth, PL6 5UF
We also have several high-quality film clips which can be shown to raise awareness of the rewarding roles available in care and health. The film clips are available at Proud to Care South West and Proud to Care Devon.
There are also some inspirational film clips about careers in health from the WOW show which can be accessed here.
Proud to Care Ambassador event, Exeter – 6 November 2019