Care Support Worker
JOB TITLE: Domiciliary Care Worker
ACCOUNTABLE TO:Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor
1. To provide a Service of Care to service users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible. This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with the following activities and in so doing will at all times observe and respect the service users dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical:
1.1 Personal Care:
· Dressing and undressing / preparing the service user for Day Care or trips out.
· Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / grooming / cleaning teeth.
· Hair care (washing / brushing).
· Nail care (fingernails only).
· Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
· Continence management.
· Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing supervision).
· Getting in and out of bed.
· Assisting with the use of Aids to Daily Living / Rehabilitation Aids, as required.
· Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by Healthcare professionals.
· Day / evening / night sitting services, as required.
1.2 Healthcare – assisting the service user to take prescribed medication.
1.3 Dietary Care:
· Preparation of snacks and meals according to the service user’s likes / dislikes.
· Assisting with feeding, as required.
1.4 Domestic / Household Services:
· General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing.
· Clearing refuse and rubbish.
· Laundering / Hand-washing / Ironing / Light needlework, as required.
· Fuel Management.
· Shopping, and the preparation of shopping lists and assistance with budgeting.
· Light gardening tasks (subject to previous agreement at the Care Plan stage).
1.5 Personal services:
· Assistance with personal finances, to include paying bills, collecting pensions.
· Personal planning (birthdays / anniversaries etc)
· Democratic rights (voting cards etc).
2. To conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by the Organisation in respect of carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant.
3. To participate as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor in Induction Training and regular In-service Training programmes.
4. To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of service user care, diary sheets, time sheets and mileage sheets.
5. To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor.
6. To report back to the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor on any aspect of service user care which he / she feels warrants investigation or urgent action
7. To participate in reviews of service users’ Care Plans as required.
8. To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties.
Car although not essential, important
On the job training provided
Travel expenses details:
25p per mile