We’re looking for an Assistant Chef to join our friendly team at Fremington Manor in Barnstaple, Devon.
- 24 hours per week plus cover
- Excellent training and a supportive working environment
The role of Assistant Chef will involve working alternate weekends and some Bank Holidays (plus pay enhancements).
This is a brilliant opportunity to progress your catering career and gain experience with one of the best respected care organisations in the South. We take the development of our staff seriously and provide excellent training and other development opportunities.
Key skills for the role of Assistant Chef:-
- Preparing and cooking meals to the standards set out in the company catering policy
- As an Assistant Chef you will be supporting and supervising Kitchen Assistants in their day to day work
- Assisting the Chef in planning menus and consulting residents / day care clients to ensure that individual dietary needs and preferences are met
- Preparing and cooking meals on wheels as appropriate
- As an Assistant Chef you will be deputising for the Chef when necessary: assuming responsibility for ordering, checking in and controlling supplies
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes: –
- Paid Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Career opportunities
- Company Pension and Life Assurance Schemes
- A staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- DBS check paid by us and Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Staff Awards – recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For an informal discussion the Assistant Chef role please contact Corinne Topps or Carol Ball on 01271 377990.
Not ready to apply? Like our ‘Care South Careers’ Facebook Page and keep up to date with future vacancies. Search @CareSouthCareers
Fremington Manor is a our lovely country house nursing home in Barnstaple with a friendly team who take pride in looking after the home's elderly residents. We are excited to announce that we have just been awarded an Outstanding Rating by CQC! For more information about Fremington Manor please go to: http://www.care-south.co.uk/homes/fremington-manor/
Nursing home, Other
Care South Quality care in elegant, peaceful surroundings
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
About Care South
Care South has a genuine dedication to helping people get the best out of life and because of that we value our team. We know that it’s the care that counts of not only our residents and service users, but that of our employees that makes us a leading provider of home and residential care across the south of England. As a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity, we employ over 1,500 people across our 20 residential and home care locations and our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, how colleagues are treated, and the care that we provide every day.