PURPOSE OF POSITION
1. To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
2. To help in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
1. Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet.
2. Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
3. Care for residents temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing.
4. Help care for residents who are dying.
5. Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in such activities as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
6. Make and change beds; tidy rooms do light cleaning, clean and empty commodes and clean toilets.
7. Inspect, launder and mend residents’ clothing.
8. Set tables and trays; serve meals; feed residents who need help; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room.
9. Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone; greet visitors.
10. Read and write reports; take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
11. Such other duties as may be required
IN ADDITION FOR NIGHT CARE ASSISTANT
· Lock all external doors after checking all residents are accounted for.
· Secure all ground floor windows.
· Turn off unnecessary lights once residents are in bed.
· Perform hourly fire safety check.