Senior Social Worker – Child & Parent Assessment Team SWC/19/03431
East Devon, North Devon, Mid Devon, South Devon
To provide a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines, Directorate policies, standards and guidelines. To assess need, plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard and protect children and promote positive outcomes. Working to best practice whilst promoting integrated agency approaches for the benefit of children and young persons.
• Manage and monitor a workload of complex cases as directed and organise work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities, ensuring statutory responsibilities are undertaken for children including visiting children, arranging reviews, reporting to court, delivering within timescales and meeting other national and local performance targets.
• To undertake interviews, observations and gather information from children, families and other agencies to analyse, summarise and evaluate the information to provide an holistic assessment of a child’s needs, balancing risk and protective factors within a child protection framework. To produce focused and purposeful care plans for interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired out
• To understand the context of child development, parenting capacity and family and environmental factors in which to establish the needs of an individual child.
• Carry out Investigations into cases where children have suffered or likely to have suffered significant harm. Provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
comes within the context of managing risk to children.
• To attend Court where directed, and present evidence and act as an advocate on behalf of the Devon County Council to provide advice and guidance to the court to best inform decisions about the children or young persons future.
• To chair multi agency meetings (eg Children in Need, Child in Need, core group, diversionary meetings) and determine plans from meetings and make recommendations to Team Manager.