Service Manager (Supported Living Services)
Barnstaple & South Molton
We are looking for passionate leaders to join our growing Supported Living team in North Devon.
We are looking for a Service Manager to provide management and leadership for a small group of Supported Living Services in the North Devon area.
You will be committed to making a difference helping people achieve their goals and aspirations, we are looking for people with a ‘Can Do’ attitude, to lead by example by creating positive environments where both your team and clients can flourish and achieve the best outcomes they can by working together in collaboratively.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in the following areas:
- Empathy, understanding & patience with clients and staff alike.
- Organisational skills and being able to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Leading a team and the ability to gain the trust and confidence of your team.
- Delivering the highest quality of person-centred care and support.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
The Northam Care Trust is one of the largest social care providers in North Devon with charitable and limited company status employing over 260 staff in our expanding Service Continuum. We have been in operation for 45 years and are a not-for-profit Charity which means every penny gets reinvested into our staff and clients.
- Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
- Double pay for bank holidays.
- Enhanced overtime rate.
- Birthday leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- Additional annual leave for length of service up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Training & Attendance Bonuses.
- 20% membership discount with ARC for racquet sports & gym.
- Cash staff referral scheme.
- Free Will Writing service.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please visit our website for a job description and person specification. For an informal but meaningful discussion about the role please contact Lee Betterman, Registered Manager on 01237 477238. Applications to HR department by way of CV.
Does the job role include personal care?: No
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, however as a Service Manager you will need to work flexibly covering the service working evenings and weekends (to include sleep ins) as required.
Barnstaple & South Molton
Managerial, Supported living
The Northam Care Trust Offering Choices, Supporting Outcomes
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
The Northam Care Trust is a charity formed in 1978 and our mission is to support people with learning and physical disabilities in having choice and control in achieving the best possible quality of life, evidenced by real quality outcomes and supported by our passion for excellence.
We are based in Northam and Bideford in North Devon and have developed person centred support for people with profound and multiple learning and other disabilities and complex needs in residential and day activities. Excellent communication, respect, dignity, engagement, support for carers and a set of values and behaviours underpin our work and add value with personalisation at the core.
We are the only organisation in North Devon and North Cornwall providing this high care specialist service and we are a vital resource for families and carers whose relatives live in our accommodation or use our community support facilities including the range of day activities we offer at The Rose Hill Activity Centre.