Hourly Rate: £12.50 plus enhancements for sleep-ins
Hours: 40 working a two-week rolling pattern
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Havencare is a forward-thinking and growing charity. We have been making a difference for 35 years, changing the lives of people who have learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries, and other support needs. Our big aims include every person having a home that is right for them, and support for the life they choose.
At Havencare, first and foremost, we are looking for outstanding people who align with our values of Transparency, Quality and Engagement.
About the Role
You will work on-shift, leading your team in outstanding practice. You will lead the principles of “nothing about me without me”, ensuring the supported person’s voice (behaviours, expressions, actions, words) is heard, and they are leading their support planning, delivery, and review.
In this service, you would be supporting three gentlemen who previously moved from a residential service to live in a supported living setting. You would be supporting them with all aspects of day-to-day living both in their home and out in the community. This could include walking about locally, catching the bus or train to Exeter for Art Club, doing the weekly food shopping, or going bowling. They also have an interest / passion for trains, churches, and planes. If you share these interests, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join our team based in Newton Abbot.
· A patient and calm-natured person.
· Comfortable to sit quietly and use compassionate and considerate techniques to engage them in activities.
· Passion to live-life and lead more than a safe existence.
· Non-judgemental and focuses more on why something happened opposed to what happened.
· A confident leader from the front, back and centre of their team, depending on circumstances.
· Able to investigate, hear all perspectives, analyse information, and develop and adapt ways of working.
· Thrive on working closely with wider networks, and your colleagues, collaborating and coproducing with the expertise of others to enable a holistic, truly person-led service
We will provide you with:
· Quality training and development opportunities to maintain and enhance your skills and knowledge
· Free 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your health and wellbeing
· Big financial rewards through our Refer a Friend Scheme
· Vouchers at Christmas, your work anniversary, and your birthday
· Paid DBS
· Annual pay of £26000 plus sleep in pay, and the opportunity to earn overtime.
· …and more!
Essential for the role
– Full UK driver’s license and have use of a car is preferred
– This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and subscription to the Update Service; right to work in the UK and two satisfactory references.
Closing date: The closing date for this vacancy is the 1st December 2023. Applications will be considered as and when received.
Please be available for interview on the 7th December 2023.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
About the usual working pattern:
Shifts are a combination of 08:00-16:00, 10:00-22:00 sleeps, and flexible off-rota time to support the team. To be discussed further at interview. Please note shift patterns include weekend working on a rotational basis.
Care / support worker, Learning disabilities, Managerial, Supported living
Havencare Homes and Support Limited Supporting people with learning disabilities and autism
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
Havencare Homes and Support Limited is a forward-thinking charity that provides social care services for people with learning disabilities and autism.
Offering supported living and residential care services, we use a range of approaches to empower individuals, help them to be as independent as possible and nurture their potential with dignity and respect.