Havencare is a forward-thinking and growing charity. We have been making a difference for 35 years, changing the lives of people who have learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries, and other support needs. Our big aims include every person having a home that is right for them, and support for the life they choose.
At Havencare, first and foremost, we are looking for outstanding people who align with our values of Transparency, Quality and Engagement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and forward-thinking person and are excited to be recruiting Support Worker to 2 individuals within our service in Plymouth – Eggbuckland
About the Role:
You will be working with a team to support two ladies who live in Eggbuckland, to become more independent in their day to day lives, support them out in the community with shopping, day trips and Hydro.
For occupational requirement reasons we are looking to appoint a female only for this post (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
We will provide you with:
- Quality training and development opportunities to maintain and enhance your skills and knowledge
- Free 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your health and wellbeing
- Big financial rewards through our Refer a Friend Scheme
- Vouchers at Christmas, your work anniversary, and your birthday
- Paid DBS
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 8th December 2023 Applications will be considered as and when received.
If your application is successful, any offer of employment will be subject to:
- A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and subsequent registration for the DBS Update Service
- 2 acceptable / satisfactory references
- Evidence of eligibility / right to work in the UK
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
23.5 hours per week
Fridays - 9am till 7pm
Monday - 8am till 7pm
Saturday - 8am till 8pm
Sunday - 9am till 7pm
Care / support worker, Community, Enabler, Supported living
Havencare Homes and Support Limited Supporting people with learning disabilities and autism
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
Havencare Homes and Support Limited is a forward-thinking charity that provides social care services for people with learning disabilities and autism.
Offering supported living and residential care services, we use a range of approaches to empower individuals, help them to be as independent as possible and nurture their potential with dignity and respect.