The ideal candidate for the Deputy Manager role will have Senior Support Worker or Team Leader experience in children’s services, particularly within a residential setting specializing in SEMHD and/or challenging behaviours. As a Deputy Manager, you will be a compassionate individual who can inspire others and has aspirations of becoming a Registered Manager in the future.
In your role as Deputy Manager, your typical working pattern will consist of 48 hours over a six-day period on a rotating schedule, which will include weekends and sleep-ins. For the Deputy Manager, we prioritize comprehensive training to ensure they are well-equipped to meet the unique needs of the children in our care. You will receive a thorough induction, access to continuous professional development opportunities, and regular supervision.
Provide comprehensive support to the manager in all aspects of their role, including covering for the manager during their absence.
Actively protect and nurture the well-being of children and young people, advocating for their individual rights and ensuring the delivery of high-quality care in alignment with individual care plans, organizational regulations, and established policies and procedures.
Deputy Manager, demonstrate the capability to operate within the framework of The Children’s Home Regulations and the Ofsted Inspection guidelines, working under the guidance of the Home Manager and Senior Management Team.
Deputy Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, including managing staff teams, budgets, and ensuring that the quality of the services provided meets expected care standards.
Establish and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders, including the placing authority, social workers, health professionals, education providers, youth offending teams, advocates, and parents, as part of your role as Deputy Manager.
Do you have?
· A minimum of 2 years of experience working with children exhibiting challenging behaviors.
· Prior experience in providing support to children with SEMHD, Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Difficulties.
· The ability to demonstrate your support for young people in enhancing their outcomes.
· Proven experience in safeguarding children and young people.
· Excellent risk assessment skills and a demonstrated ability to mitigate risks for children, young people, and staff.
· In-depth knowledge of Children’s Homes regulations.
· Completed training in trauma and attachment.
· Training in PREVENT, FGM, Medication, DSL, CSE, Substance Misuse, Professional Boundaries, and Dynamic Risk Assessment is advantageous.
· Possession of a Level 2 safeguarding certification.
· Awareness of fire safety protocols.
· First aid certification.
· Training in PI, Physical Intervention.
· Level 2 Conflict Management certification is desirable.
· A solid theoretical and practical understanding of SEMHD.
· Essential qualification at Level 3, with a desire to progress toward Level 5.
· Possession of a valid UK driving license.
· Extensive mandatory and induction training.
· Significant on-going training including: Attachment & Trauma, Child development, Suicidal ideation, ADHD and more.
· We provide 1-1 with your manager or Senior Manager in addition to regular supervision.
· Access to external support such as online and telephone medical, financial and well-being advise.
· Online advice portal
· Telephone counselling
· Recognition rewards
· Reduced gym memberships
· Discounts at a variety of supermarkets
· Reduced cost mobile phone bills with select providers
· Discounts and upgrades on travel and holidays
· Discounts on tech such as Apple and HP
· Discounted shopping, cinema tickets, show tickets, restaurants and many more
· Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and ride to work
· You can also earn cash back through the things you buy each.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Hours: 48 hours
Shift pattern: 48 hours per six days on a rota basis, this will include weekends and sleep-ins.
Managerial, Mental health, Residential care home, Youth work
Olive Recruit Olive Recruit
Type of organisationAgency
SectorHealth and social care
We are here to support you with a job-seeking process that suits your needs and reduces your time spent chasing job ads. Our goal is to simplify your job search and increase your chances of success.
We prioritize finding job opportunities in the health and social care sector in the UK, that align perfectly with your values and skill set. We take great care in ensuring that there is a good match before making any connections, so you can approach your job search with confidence and ease.