Support Worker for Jack
Jack is a great young man and he has a committed team around him, he is just looking to add a casual support worker to support his team leader. He lives in his own home and is usually active during the day, he enjoys the outdoors and loves an adrenaline rush. His favourite thing to do is swimming but he also likes walking and adventure areas. When chilling out he likes to watch Star Wars and Marvel movies and he enjoys a crumpet with peanut butter.
During the days you will be supporting Jack out and about participating in one of the many activities he enjoys, Jack is a good sleeper but has Epilepsy will need staff to keep an eye on him at night. There will always two people working with Jack. You will be expected to use initiative and be able to work as part of a team and provide consistency for Jack.
Ideally you will:
- Be positive and motivated
- Be able to provide consistency
- Be reliable and flexible
- Work well as part of a team
- Be comfortable with a level of autonomy
- Have good communication skills
- Be robust, resilient and emotionally intelligent
- Have a positive attitude and be keen to make a difference to Jack’s life
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- Critical Illness cover, reassurance when you need it the most
- Life Insurance, reassurance for your family when they need it the most
- A really good mandatory induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Day and night shifts
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Essential for this job:
Must hold a full UK drivers licence.
Some knowledge of Epilepsy would be an advantage, however we do offer full training.