Support Worker (Residential Services)
The key purpose of the role is to provide excellent support to people with disabilities whilst respecting their preferences and choices, enabling them to participate in their community as valued citizens.
The post holder will need to be flexible and responsive to change. It is likely to involve working evenings & weekends.
We are looking for:
- Supportive and caring individuals to promote independence & choice, help people achieve their personal outcomes and develop new skills through person centred planning.
- Confident individuals to support people through physical care, assistance or prompting in accordance with individual care plans, respecting dignity and preferences.
- An organised individual to assist people to access mainstream and specialist services and agencies that promote their health and wellbeing.
- An effective communicator who can share information as appropriate whilst maintaining confidentiality and data protection requirements in line with policy.
- Someone with a positive attitude, who can demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness and a willingness to develop new skills.
What we offer:
- Excellent pay rates.
- Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
- Company pension scheme.
- Guaranteed hours with flexibility available.
- Free onsite parking.
- The opportunity to develop your direct care skills in a growing, vibrant organisation.
- To work as part of a supportive team who promote excellence & core values.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Full and part time positions. Shifts over 7 days on a rota basis. Alternative weekends off.
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Learning disabilities, Residential care home
The Northam Care Trust Offering Choices, Supporting Outcomes
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
The Northam Care Trust is a charity formed in 1978 and our mission is to support people with learning and physical disabilities in having choice and control in achieving the best possible quality of life, evidenced by real quality outcomes and supported by our passion for excellence.
We are based in Northam and Bideford in North Devon and have developed person centred support for people with profound and multiple learning and other disabilities and complex needs in residential and day activities. Excellent communication, respect, dignity, engagement, support for carers and a set of values and behaviours underpin our work and add value with personalisation at the core.
We are the only organisation in North Devon and North Cornwall providing this high care specialist service and we are a vital resource for families and carers whose relatives live in our accommodation or use our community support facilities including the range of day activities we offer at The Rose Hill Activity Centre.