Community Care Assistant
Do you want to feel valued in your job role?
· Work locally in and around Tavistock
· Work flexible hours that suit you
· Full or part-time working
· Enjoy working within a friendly supportive team
· Coming back into the workforce after raising a family
We are looking to expand our friendly team of carers in the above and surrounding areas.
As a community care worker, we are seeking caring, flexible and enthusiastic individuals who would like to make a difference to people’s lives.
Experience is not a necessity as full training for the job role will be given.
All we ask is that you have:
· A Full UK Driving Licence
· Your own mode of transport
· A Flexible approach
· You will be working alternate weekends and some evenings (Shift patterns can be discussed at interview).
· An Enhanced DBS (police check). Disclosure expenses met by the employer
Your Duties will include
Providing support to vulnerable adults within their own homes and tasks would consist of providing support with:
- Personal Care
- Washing and dressing
- Preparing meals and prompting medication
- Also, you may be involved in some domestic tasks such laundry, vacuuming and shopping.
Pay Rates and Benefits
· Variable shift patterns from 16hrs up to 40hrs per week
· Paid Mileage allowance up to 45 pence per mile
· Paid Travel Pay
· Paid Mobile Phone allowance
· Pension allowance
· 5 weeks paid holiday per year
· Free uniform
· Free training Up to QCF level 3
· Paid Training if sent on specialist courses
· Working within a team
· Subject to completing probation a guaranteed hours contract.
Signing on bonus £300 subject to T/C
Travel expenses details:
All travel between service users is paid and a mileage
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Must be available on alternate weekends.
Must have a Full UK driving licence and own transport.
No Experience is required as full training is given
Tavistock and surrounding areas
Care / support worker, Community, Entry level roles, Home care / Domiciliary care
Peninsula Care - Community Care
Type of organisationPrivate
SectorHealth and social care
We provide care and support in the local community to our most vulnerable adults. From personal care to offering a big smile.