Support Worker (Supported Living)
Full & Part Time positions available
Starting rate £10.10 per hour, rising to £10.50 per hour after a successful probation period
We are looking to recruit full and part time Support Workers to existing services in the Westward Ho! area of Bideford.
- Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff referral scheme.
- Free Will Writing service.
- Employee of the Month.
- Additional annual leave for length of service
The Northam Care Trust is one of the largest social care providers in North Devon with charitable and limited company status employing over 260 staff in our expanding Service Continuum.
- Supportive and caring individuals to promote independence & choice, help people achieve their personal outcomes and develop new skills through person centred planning.
- Confident individuals to support people through physical care, assistance or prompting in accordance with individual care plans, respecting dignity and preferences.
- Someone with a positive attitude, who can demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness and a willingness to develop new skills.
The key purpose of the role is to provide excellent support to people with disabilities whilst respecting their preferences and choices, enabling them to participate in their community as valued citizens. It is likely to involve working evenings & weekends.
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Learning disabilities, Supported living
The Northam Care Trust Offering Choices, Supporting Outcomes
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
The Northam Care Trust is a charity formed in 1978 and our mission is to support people with learning and physical disabilities in having choice and control in achieving the best possible quality of life, evidenced by real quality outcomes and supported by our passion for excellence.
We are based in Northam and Bideford in North Devon and have developed person centred support for people with profound and multiple learning and other disabilities and complex needs in residential and day activities. Excellent communication, respect, dignity, engagement, support for carers and a set of values and behaviours underpin our work and add value with personalisation at the core.
We are the only organisation in North Devon and North Cornwall providing this high care specialist service and we are a vital resource for families and carers whose relatives live in our accommodation or use our community support facilities including the range of day activities we offer at The Rose Hill Activity Centre.