Support Worker – Learning Difficulties
We are currently looking for reliable, enthusiastic, caring and friendly Individuals to become part of our team Supporting Individuals on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with Learning Disabilities and complex needs in Brixham.
You will be supporting Individuals in their own home with a person-centred approach, supporting them to live the life they choose.
The individuals have complex health needs and can display challenging behaviours. Experience in dealing with complex needs and challenging behaviour would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
The individuals maybe non-verbal so you will need to have an adaptable and flexibly approach to meeting communication needs, an understanding of Total Communication would be an advantage.
Challenging behaviours that you may encounter working with these individuals can include:
· Throwing Objects
· Hitting out
Main Duties include: (not an exhaustive list)
· All aspects of Personal Care and Personal Hygiene
· Promoting Independence and life skills where appropriate
· Supporting Individuals to prepare and cook meals
· Supporting individuals to participate in rewarding and fulfilling activities
· Support Individuals in accordance to their personal needs and requirements
· Medication Management
· Personal Shopping
· Supporting Individuals to appointments
· Maintaining environmental cleanliness standards in the house
· Fully Flexible working pattern (including evenings, weekends and sleep- ins as required)
· Basic IT and Numerical ability
· Willing to Undertake required Training at specified locations.
· Clear written and verbal communication
· Diploma in Social Care
· Experience working in a social care setting
· Driver’s License
What we Offer
· Full or Part time Contracted Hours
· Extensive Induction and Training
· 28 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata basis depending on contracted hours)
· Free Uniform
Care / support worker, Entry level roles, Home care / Domiciliary care, Learning disabilities
Burrowdown Support Services Burrowdown Support Services
Type of organisationPrivate
Here at Burrow Down Support Services we help people make the best of themselves and the most of their lives. For some people, this isn’t easy to do on their own. They may have a learning or physical disability or they may have social and/or behavioural issues. Any of these can make it harder for people to fit into the world around them. If this sounds like your experience, you’ve come to the right place because we provide the support to help you live the life you want.