Advanced Social Worker (Adults)
Newton Abbott, South Devon
We are excited to offer this new opportunity to further develop our practice focused career pathway for Social Workers. Here in Devon, we are passionate about developing people and committed to achieving excellence in practice, based on what matters to people.
The role of the Advanced Social Worker is key to driving best practice and supporting our teams to deliver the best outcomes alongside people.
About the Team / Area
We have the following opportunity to be an Advanced Social Worker:
- 1 Advanced Social Worker (South Devon – Newton Abbot based team)
The successful applicant will join a well-established, creative social care team with an excellent group dynamic and team ethos, which is part of a larger, co-located integrated community services team including, Community Nursing, intermediate care and community therapy. The main focus of the work is older adults, adults with physical disabilities and adults with learning disabilities.
We are based in Sherbourne House in the centre of Newton Abbot and cover a large geographical patch covering the practice population of nine GP surgeries. A busy but friendly and supportive team, we are committed to ensuring a person-centred culture, putting people at the forefront of what we do.
Both as a local authority, and as an employer, we adopt a forward-thinking, proactive approach to continuously shaping and delivering innovative professional practice and workforce solutions. We are passionate about championing and promoting better ways of working for our people, those who we support and our communities across Devon. We are actively working to a more integrated approach to care delivery.
Delivering services, based on what matters most to people, is at the very heart of what we do. Committed to championing high standards of professional practice both within the team and across the county, you will be:
- Providing professional leadership and supervision/appraisal of staff
- Working alongside the Team Manager, staff, and wider colleagues to contribute towards the delivery of a consistent, effective, and efficient service
- Ability to provide advanced decision making, problem solving and advice to the Social Care workforce in relation to practice issues.
- Supporting the Team Manager with day-to-day practice related operational duties
- Providing a lead practitioner role within the team, supporting the development of solid evidenced based practice
Join Us and Experience…
Being part of a progressive, forward-thinking team where you will be encouraged to share input, insight, and knowledge
A commitment to your continuous professional development, carving out a career path that meets your individual aspirations and goals
Options for flexible working, wellbeing schemes and a person-centred, inclusive workplace culture
A beautiful place to live and work that has a little bit of everything – incredible beaches, pretty villages, vibrant cities and the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK
Join us to progress your career, have a voice, enjoy autonomy and a platform to share your knowledge and experience with others to inspire, encourage, and lead professional practice.
Be recognised. Be valued. Be heard… and be celebrated.
We will be holding a briefing session for the Advanced Social Worker role, which we encourage you to attend. This session will give you further information on the role and also enable you to ask any questions you may have.
This session is being held via Microsoft Teams on the following date:
- Monday, 5th September 2022 – 15:00 – 16:00
If you would like to book onto this session, please email us at email@example.com by midday on Thursday, 1st September 2022 so we can send you the link to attend.
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for the next exciting step in your career? Do you want to be a part of an organisation that is committed to investing in people, and investing in practice?
If you answered yes and have the following experience, we want to hear from you:
- Passionate about promoting independence, health and wellbeing and rights for the people of Devon.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, adopting a person-centred approach to practice.
- Substantial post-qualifying experience as a registered practitioner in either Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- In-depth knowledge of professional practice, working theories and models, embedding these into practice and evaluating effectiveness.
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and inspection framework within which services operate
- Demonstrable experience of leading improvement and challenging the quality of practice within the application of the expected standards
- Experience of coaching and mentoring professional colleagues, driving creativity in practice.
Investing in People & Practice
Our core values underpin organisational culture and vision, which we embed into authentic, committed, and inspirational management and leadership. Our progression and development routes are designed to help you shape a career path that suits your individual goals. We will be here to support you every step of the way in your continued professional development.
Here’s a few more reasons why our people enjoy working with us:
‘I like how autonomous you can be. It reinforces the integrity of the profession.’
‘I feel trusted by the organisation.’
‘I have felt consistently supported.’
Join us and make a difference where it matters most.
The interviews for this post are due to take place on 23rd September 2022.
For further information on this role please contact Tina Ramage on 07970 261964 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Keens on 07968 226419 / email@example.com