Advanced Occupational Therapist (Adults) (Ref.3381)
Exeter, East, and Mid Devon areas
We are excited to offer this new opportunity to further develop our practice focused career pathway for Occupational Therapists. Here in Devon, we are passionate about developing people and committed to achieving excellence in practice, based on what matters to people.
The role of the Advanced Practitioner is key to driving best practice and supporting our teams to deliver the best outcomes alongside people.
Join us to progress your career, have a voice, enjoy autonomy and a platform to share your knowledge and experience with others to inspire, encourage, and lead professional practice.
Be recognised. Be valued. Be heard… and be celebrated.
We are committed to ensuring a person-centred culture, putting people at the forefront of what we do. Both as a local authority, and as an employer, we adopt a forward-thinking, proactive approach to continuously shaping and delivering innovative professional practice and workforce solutions. We are passionate about championing and promoting better ways of working for our people, those who we support and our communities across Devon.
Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for the next exciting step in your career? Do you want to be a part of an organisation that is committed to investing in people, and investing in practice?
If you answered yes and have the following experience, we want to hear from you:
- Passionate about promoting independence, health and wellbeing and rights for the people of Devon.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, adopting a person-centred approach to practice
- Substantial post-qualifying experience as a registered practitioner in Occupational Therapy
- In depth knowledge of professional practice, working theories and models, embedding these into practice and evaluating effectiveness
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and inspection framework within which services operate
- Demonstrable experience of leading improvement and challenging the quality of practice within the application of the expected standards
- Experience of coaching and mentoring professional colleagues
About the Role
We have the following opportunities to be an Advanced Practitioner in Devon:
- 1 Advanced Occupational Therapist working across the eastern locality (Covering and based in the Exeter, East and Mid Devon Areas)
Delivering services, based on what matters most to people, is at the very heart of what we do. Committed to championing high standards of professional practice both within the team and across the county, you will be:
- Providing professional leadership and supervision/appraisal of staff
- Working alongside the Team Manager, staff, and wider colleagues to contribute towards the delivery of a consistent, effective, and efficient service
- Ability to provide advanced decision making, problem solving and advice to the Social Care workforce in relation to practice issues.
- Supporting the Team Manager with day-to-day practice related operational duties
- Providing a lead practitioner role within the team, supporting the development of solid evidenced based practice
Join Us and Experience…
- Being part of a progressive, forward-thinking team where you will be encouraged to share input, insight, and knowledge
- Working closely with our Principal Occupational Therapist, Eastern locality teams across health and social care, as well as other practice leads
- A commitment to your continuous professional development, carving out a career path that meets your individual aspirations and goals
- Options for flexible working, wellbeing schemes and a person-centred, inclusive workplace culture
- A beautiful place to live and work that has a little bit of everything – incredible beaches, pretty villages, vibrant cities and the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK
Investing in People & Practice
Our core values underpin organisational culture and vision, which we embed into authentic, committed, and inspirational management and leadership. Our progression and development routes are designed to help you shape a career path that suits your individual goals. We will be here to support you every step of the way in your continued professional development.
Here’s a few more reasons why our people enjoy working with us:
- ‘I like how autonomous you can be. It reinforces the integrity of the profession.’
- ‘I feel trusted by the organisation.’
- ‘I have felt consistently supported.’
Join us and make a difference where it matters most.
For further information on this role please contact Carolyne Hague, Principal Occupational Therapist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971 635001