Supported Living Team Manager
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To support, train and supervise staff working in the supported living team
2. To provide, where necessary, direct care and support to PwS in their own homes ensuring practice remains person centred at all times
3. To ensure that all aspects of the care/support provided by the service comply with CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety/KLOEs in addition to Health and Safety requirements
4. To be responsible for the day to day management of the supported living service, maintaining up to date and accurate records as required by Camphill Devon Community and registration requirements
5. To liaise with PwS to promote active engagement in decision making and to ensure that the individual’s needs are met within a person-centred environment
6. Support individuals in budgeting and managing of money including dealing with rent or benefit queries
7. Ensure PwS are involved in quality assurance processes and that their views and experiences shape the nature of their support and development of the service
8. To liaise with external agencies to promote PwS having real choice and control over the service they receive
9. To identify and ensure that training needs of staff are met in line with Care Certificate requirements
10. To undertake sleep-in duties within the service if required
11. To contribute to the development of and work within all Camphill Devon Community policies and procedures
12. To be a member of Camphill Devon Community’s Management Team
13. To participate in the Responsible Person sleep-in rota
Camphill Devon Community
Learning disabilities, Managerial, Senior care / support worker, Supported living
Camphill Devon Community Camphill Devon Community Ltd
Type of organisationCharity
Camphill Devon Community is a charitable organisation that provides Residential, Supported Living and Day Services support to adults with learning disabilities. It is a small community set in a stunning rural surroundings to the north of Buckfastleigh at Hapstead Village. Residential houses are grouped round a central admin building and workshops on site giving it a real village feel.
We offer registered residential accommodation at Hapstead Village in a beautiful setting on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park. Supported living is also provided in the Teignbridge and South Hams area of Devon.
At Hapstead people live in six houses, which provide a stimulating home environment. Through our person centred approaches everyone is encouraged to live an active and fulfilling life. Our aim is to support people to achieve the lifestyle they want to have, benefiting from a sense of community where people can support and be supported by others.
As well as supporting people at Hapstead, Camphill Devon also supports people who have their own tenancies in the local area.
Camphill Devon is a registered charity and is independent from any other organisation with our own governing body. We are a member of the Association of Camphill Communities and are part of the worldwide Camphill movement. The movement was founded in 1940 when Dr Karl Koenig and his co-founders developed a mutually-supportive model for community life based on the principles of the late Dr Rudolf Steiner.
In common with other Camphill Communities we support people in all aspects of their life including the spiritual and emotional as well as the physical health of each individual; and in providing a community life where individual needs are mutually respected.