Advanced Nurse Practitioner
The successful candidate will work with a GP and Care Navigating team to ensure the patient is signposted to the right clinician and they will see patients from the Daily Duty list.
You must be able to work well within a team environment and will have experience of seeing and treating minor illnesses. Applicants should be NMC/HCPC registered with Independent Prescribing.
Main duties of the job Duties will include:
- Undertaking holistic assessment and consultation with patients, including examination, diagnosis, treatment and formulation of management plans
- Working within agreed protocols and guidelines and autonomy of the nurse practitioner role
- Use of effective communication and advanced listening skills with patients and their carers, including the provision of patient education, emotional support and opportunistic health promotion
- Independently prescribing safe, effective and appropriate medication as defined by current legislative and local framework
- Ensuring accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patient’s notes on the clinical computer system
- Being aware of the needs of patients and their carers with learning difficulties, mental health conditions and multicultural and ethnic needs
- Attending and participating in practice meetings as required
- Co-operating and participating as required in any research projects within the practice.
Mount Pleasant Health Centre is one of the largest training practices in Exeter, serving over 17,000 patients in a purpose-built premises. We are a SystmOne Practice. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and caring place to work, with an open-door policy and daily team meetings where there is ‘no such thing as a stupid question’. As a result, the majority of our GP team is made up of doctors who were once trainees at the practice and enjoyed it so much they decided to stay. Perhaps this is the best advert for a surgery you can have.
We have a fantastic nurse team managing all chronic disease amongst many other things, as well as a great supportive admin and management team. We have risen to the challenges facing General Practice in recent years. The strength of our team has allowed us to respond positively to any changes and we constantly strive to nurture the wellbeing of our staff and patients.
• Qualified and registered advanced nurse practitioner and independent prescriber
• Member of professional body
• Experience of effective working as part of a multidisciplinary team (medical and non medical)
• Experience of working with vulnerable patients
• Experience of working in primary care
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to prioritise, manage time and meet deadlines
• Have good organisation and planning skills
• Possess excellent people skills
• Ability to be motivational and have leadership qualities
• Aware of confidentiality and discretion and be professional at all times
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Work on own initiative and recognise when it is necessary to seek assistance
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. UK Registration Applicants must have current UK professional registration
GP surgery, Nursing / Midwifery
Mount Pleasant Health Centre Mount Pleasant Health Centre