Female Personal Assistant
I’m a Mother living in the PL2 area of Plymouth. I’m looking for a Personal Assistant/s who is able to support me with household duties, access to the community and support with daily tasks for my children. Full Clean driving licence & own car is preferred or may consider non driver in a job share role if you have access to reliable transport. Please note we have one small friendly dog.
I’m looking for applicants that match these qualities: caring personality, enjoys helping, empathy, organised, good sense of humour, self motivated, trustworthy, multitask, physically fit & patient, especially with cognitive symptoms and ideally willing to learn more about management of medical conditions to support myself & children.
After a probation period, training courses are available, no charge to the Personal Assistant.
Holiday pay, PA insurance, free on job training available, mileage allowance negotiable, access to carers discounts
Duties and Responsibilities
- If job share same duties/skills not necessarily required by all PA’s
- Light cooking and cleaning duties
- To prepare and cook occasional meals for children
- Personal care, at present minor assistance needed such as support with washing hair & more if having a flare-up inc. dressing, help to move
- Support out in the community, this includes supporting activities with my children.
- Prompting Medication etc
- Typing/computer skills, keeping up with emails
- Support with online food shop
- Occasional shopping
- Support making phone calls, organising paperwork, supporting in attending appointments and meetings, using Google Calendar etc
- Assisting with isometric physio
- I’m unable to stand for long as exacerbates symptoms, so outdoors would usually require a manual or powered wheelchair which has assistant control available
- Any other reasonable task to allow the service user to live independently
- Enhanced DBS required. Cost met by employer.
- References from previous employers
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written)
- Legally entitled to work in the U.K
- Full/clean driving licence if driving as part of job
- Understanding of confidentiality including confidentiality online.
- Happy to use smartphone apps/tech to improve employer’s care needs/communication
- Experience in health & social care, NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care. Or working towards the qualification
- Computer Literate, eg good knowledge of Google drive, Microsoft Office or similar
- Trained in isometric physiotherapy
- Interest in nutrition due to dietary requirements
- Experience in either neurological, chronic fatigue, connective tissue disorders or spinal conditions, a similar condition is MS
- General good health
- Enjoys baking
- An interest in arts, crafts and photography, employer would like support to start these hobbies again, digital art/photography being the most accessible.
- Likes: musical theatre, films and boats. Potential for support on days out and short breaks if you’re available.
Please click the link below, quoting the job reference: HS/LP in your application.
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.
Does the job role include personal care?: Yes
Average 16 hrs flexible p/w or on job share between 2 or 3