Apprentice Care Assistant
Guinness Care are recruiting for Apprenticeship Care Assistants to join our special team. This is a highly rewarding role where you can really make a difference whether you are looking to stay in Social Care longer term, or looking to pick up skills and experience than can help you move at a later stage to higher level apprenticeships within the NHS such as:
· Nursing degree apprenticeships
· Apprentice ambulance practitioner
· Care, Leadership and Management
· Dental Nursing
· Operating department practice degree apprenticeship
· Podiatry degree apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Care Assistant with us, you will be helping our customers with a variety of tasks from personal care (showering/dressing/toileting), meal preparation, through to assisting with medication within our Extra Care facility at Totnes. Whilst you are assisting with these tasks, our customers will enjoy having someone to talk to for that all important companionship.
You will ensure a caring, accountable, respectful, ethical, and dedicated service is provided to customers at all times.
We pay all our apprenticeship colleagues a starting rate of £10.40 per hour! Over the course of 12–18 months, you will study modules such as personal development in care settings, the responsibilities of a care worker, handling information in care settings, implementing person-centred care plans, safeguarding & protection in care settings, duty of care in care settings, communication in care settings, equality & inclusion in care settings and health & safety and wellbeing in care settings.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Care. With the opportunity to gain further qualifications at Level 3 diploma in care. The qualifications you achieve with us can enable you to progress into a number of exciting avenues either in the social care sector, or put you on a great footing for careers in the NHS, including the Nursing Degree Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship is achieved through blended learning. Our RQF Provider’s skills coaches, will deliver teaching sessions using various methods. The skills coach will observe you in your workplace setting, as you demonstrate the new skills you have learned.
Excellent communication skills, advocating for our customers.
Ability to work independently and within a team.
Great problem-solving skills and ability to respond to changing priorities
Passion for care and helping others
Self-motivated with a willingness to learn
Maths and English GCSE A-C (9-4) grade or equivalent qualifications – (If you do not hold GCSE Maths & English, Level 2 Maths and English it will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.)
We would still like to speak with Candidates that may not have achieved their full potential but are willing to improve.
Due to the nature of the role applicants must be 18 or over
What are the benefits of working for Guinness Care?
· Fully funded apprenticeship programme gaining Level 2 diploma in care
· Hourly rate of £10.40 per hour
· Stability – Permanent, contracted hours ranging from 24 to 35!
· Company enhanced sick pay after a qualifying period and a variety of generous pension schemes to choose from
· Free enhanced DBS check, work phone and uniform provided!
· £250 refer a friend scheme
· Excellent lifestyle benefits portal including cycle to work scheme and fantastic discounts at supermarkets and many other shops and on-line retailers
· Employee Assistance Programme which provides free counselling and much more
If you are looking for a job you can put your heart into, we would love to hear from you! Just hit the ‘APPLY’ button now to create your application.