Night Care Assistant
Hillbrow Care Home is a family run care home and has an excellent reputation for quality care, rated “Outstanding” by CQC, within a happy and friendly environment.
Do you want to make a difference to our resident’s lives whilst undertaking a very important role? We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Night Care Assistant to join our team. If you are reliable, compassionate and have a positive attitude, this is your chance to work for an independent provider with a real focus of providing a home from home environment for our residents and our staff.
The positions are:
Part time between 1 to 2 nights a week (up to 23 hrs p/w)
Full time 3 to 4 nights a week ( up to 40 hrs p/w)
What we offer
· Competitive rates of pay including a medication round supplement
· 2 carers on every shift.
· Enhanced rates for short notice cover (less than 24 hours)
· Optional Overtime at enhanced rates
· Further training and professional development is encouraged and we encourage and support our staff to undertake QCF (NVQ) training from level 2 onwards.
· Hot meals or snacks are available on your break during the night shift.
· We have supportive Managers with an open-door policy.
· A friendly working environment.
· We cover the cost of your DBS and free uniform
· Enhanced rates for bank holidays.
· Friendly work environment
About your role
· You will provide wakeful night duty cover in the home which will include assisting residents with their night time and morning routine.
· You will be responsible for the smooth running of shift which will include liaising with other healthcare professionals such as out of hour doctors and paramedics.
· You will carry out the night time medication round
· Regular checks on residents at intervals determined by the Care Manager and with due regard to the Residents privacy.
· Part of the role is to undertake a small amount of domestic duties which can only be performed during night hours.
· Work to a high standard and you must be willing to undertake online training. Additional covid specific training will be provided.
– You will be required to undertake covid tests as determined by the government guidelines.
– NVQ 2 in health and social care or at least 1 years experience within a care setting preferred but if you are new to care we will provide you with full training.
Hillbrow Residential Care Home
1 Park Road
Care / support worker, Residential care home
Hillbrow Residential Care Home Limited A family-owned happy home
Type of organisationPrivate
SectorHealth and social care
Hillbrow House is a family-owned home. It has a reputation for being a happy home with an excellent reputation for providing high-quality, person-centred care within homely surroundings.
We pride ourselves in providing a friendly and happy environment for staff and for our residents whilst maintaining a very high standard of service.
Hillbrow has been rated Outstanding overall following their latest CQC inspection in August 2018. The home in believes in encouraging each resident to remain as independent as possible within a safe environment.
All rooms are individually decorated and residents are encouraged to personalise their room by bringing pictures, photographs and small items of furniture. Colour schemes and soft furnishings can be chosen by the incoming resident or when a refurbishment is due.
The award-winning garden is peaceful and sheltered. Raised beds enable residents to tend their own vegetables and flowers.
The care team provide person-centred care that reflects the needs of each individual resident. Each Care plan is reviewed monthly, or more frequently if necessary, and any changes are assessed and passed on to the Care team for immediate implementation.