Assertive Outreach Worker
Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Assertive Outreach Worker to join us.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, this could be the job for you!
Responsible to: Assertive Homeless Outreach Team Leader
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Based in Exeter, the successful Assertive Outreach Worker will deliver a high quality, person-centred assertive outreach service, working as part of a team, making contact with new, repeat and long-term rough sleepers across the Exeter Council area. You will also work closely with Early Intervention workers and the statutory services team to support individuals experiencing rough sleeping to move into ‘off the streets’ placements (short term assessment beds). In addition to outreach, the role also involves offering continued support to individuals placed in short term accommodation to minimise abandonment, sustain accommodation, and help people access settled accommodation that ensures they do not return to the streets.
Please note this role will include working unsocial hours and being able to walk a number of miles in all weather conditions
- To undertake assertive outreach and hot spot visits across the locality area including during unsocial hours, maintaining a regular street presence, and working with other agencies to deliver support
- Carry out needs assessments, support plans and risk assessments with identified people who are sleeping rough to secure access to services that are suitable for their immediate needs, and make appropriate referrals in partnership with them to establish a sustainable life away from the streets as quickly as possible
- Support individuals to move in to ‘off the street’ placements and help clients settle into and sustain these placements.
- Empower a caseload of clients, to identify their strengths and goals, and develop their skills, confidence and well-being, so they can successfully maintain their accommodation and prepare for a positive move-on; avoiding a return to homelessness.
- To deliver SWEP (Severe Weather Emergency Protocol) at short notice; doing evening outreach shifts when this is triggered and ensuring all people sleeping rough are offered emergency accommodation for the duration of the severe weather.
- To be part of a rota that delivers an office-based Duty service, ensuring that there is a designated person each day to respond to clients presenting at the office, to field queries via telephone and team email account and perform other daily team admin tasks.
- To promote and facilitate effective multi-agency and joint working to address begging, street drinking and other street-based activity
- Since job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the post holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- Current driving licence and access to a vehicle which can be used for business purposes (Desirable)
- Experience working with vulnerable adults, people with complex needs or individuals who are difficult to engage with (Desirable)
- Work flexibly towards creative solutions in a person-centred way with individuals who may have seemingly intractable problems
- Build effective relationships with clients and services in order to develop pathways to enable clients to make positive changes
- The ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and assess risk effectively
There are many great reasons to join our team!
Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
20% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and bike workshops
A generous and competitive pension scheme
Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact HR@julianhouse.org.uk so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Assertive Outreach Worker role, please get in touch with Vishnupriya Venkatesan (Resourcing Assistant) on 07720 737770. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Community, Enabler, Entry level roles, Extra care / sheltered housing, One-to-one support
Julian House The Home of Opportunity
Type of organisationCharity
SectorHealth and social care
Julian House is a charity that supports vulnerable and at-risk individuals. These include adults and young people experiencing homelessness, escaping domestic abuse, adults with learning difficulties and people who need support after leaving prison.
We operate more than 40 different projects, accommodation sites and social enterprises across South West England. These include our homeless outreach services, a 20-bed emergency access hostel, various support.