Accountable to: Manager
Qualifications:- Experience of working the care sector preferred
Health & Social Care level 2 desirable
Job Purpose:- To work collaboratively with team members to provide a high standard of care for the residents, which is flexible, sensitive, person centred and in accordance with company policies.
1. Be familiar with and work in accordance with the homes policies and procedures.
2. Assist residents in a manner to promote independence and involvement, respect resident’s rights, choices and beliefs, and achieves positive outcomes.
3. To ensure care is provided in accordance with the resident’s care plan.
4. Report any changes in a resident’s condition to the Nurse in Charge/Senior Care Assistant.
5. Respond to requests from residents either by staff alert or other means of communication in a positive, polite and helpful manner.
6. Maintain confidentiality.
7. Accept duties as delegated provided these are within the scope of the individual.
8. Contribute to the development of the home by attendance at staff meetings and involvement in team discussion.
9. Attend training sessions and adopt a positive attitude to self-development. Complete the training programme which is drawn up annually.
10. To undertake other duties which may be required and which are applicable to the post.
11. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in handling all sensitive information to include resident and staff information. Files should be kept locked away. Information should not be left out. (see record keeping policy attached)
12. Maintain accurate records in accordance with Company policies.
This is a wakeful duty unless notified otherwise.
HEATH AND SAFETY
To be familiar with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. Any areas of concern must be brought to the attention of the Manager or the Senior Nurse on duty at the time.
Every employee has a responsibility for giving due regard to their own safety and the safety of their colleagues, residents and visitors to the home. Each employee will comply with the health and safety policy and fully observe the safe working practices.
This sets out the main responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive list and as such the post holder may be required to carry out other duties. Changes which affect the organisation may necessitate the responsibilities of this post being reviewed.
Ashdowne Care Centre
Care / support worker, Residential care home
Ashdowne Care Centre
Type of organisationPrivate
Halcyon Care is a family operated organisation, operating across 14 locations. Halcyon Care’s ethos is ‘We don’t just care for you, we care about you.’
Staff are recognised as invaluable in achieving its goals in providing person centred care in a homely friendly environment.