Lead Night Nurse
The Night Nurse lead will:
· Lead on quality and improvement in night care delivered at Castle Grove
· Work with the clinical lead to identify and address the clinical, health and social care needs of residents, ensuring independence and choice.
· Act as the lead advocate for the very best in night care for residents
· Develop an effective relationship with the manager and provider.
· Develop and lead a training pathway for night staff in the management and care of residents.
· Ensure efficient and effective care overnight for residents.
· Build partnerships with day staff to ensure consistency of care.
· The post holder is responsible for providing some wakeful night duty cover in the home between the hours of 20.00 and 08.15. From 36 hours per week.
· He / she will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and to supervise unqualified staff.
· To assist with certain domestic duties that can be performed during night hours.
· To receive a nursing report when coming on duty, and to provide a handover to the day staff at 08.00hrs.
Right to work in UK.
Full driving licence.
Castle Grove Nursing Home
Nursing / Midwifery, Nursing home
Type of organisationPrivate
SectorHealth and social care
Castle Grove Nursing Home is a high quality small nursing home in Mid Devon, offering residential and nursing care. We are known for providing superb, nutritious food. Our head chef provides delicious meals for residents, staff and (in non-covid times) visitors, with additional special events such as our Christmas Residents’ party and summer Gala lunches.
Our team of staff are committed to delivering the very best for the residents, with many of them having worked with us for years. We are excited to be part of the Trainee Nursing Associate scheme and support a culture of learning with all our staff.