Senior Night Care Assistant
We are a 36 bed residential home in the Mannamead area of Plymouth. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team as a Senior Night Care Assistant.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the Care Staff.
- To be a competent role model to the team.
- Lead the shift.
- Administration of prescribed medication to residents, using an eMAR system.
- Manage emergency situations when they arise.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs, in line with their personalised care plans and assessments.
- To ensure you record care provided throughout the shift appropriately and handing over all essential information.
- Ensure Health and Safety of all in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of care for residents who are on End of life or have a progressive illness.
Preferable QCF/NVQ Level 2 Qualification in Health and Social Care.
Excellent communication and IT skills
Experience of working in a similar environment.
Full PPE provided.
Regular testing in line with requirements.
69 Mannamead Rd
Care / support worker, Managerial, Residential care home
Mannamead Care - Thorn Park Our homes are full of fun and laughter
Type of organisationPrivate
Bought by Mannamead Care in 2010, Thorn Park is set within a beautiful 1880 Victorian mansion. Marble fire places take pride of place in the living and dining rooms, complimented by beautiful ornate decoration. The home has retained its Victorian grandeur, combined with a comfortable and welcoming feel, a truly tranquil place to live.
Based in a residential area, close to the city centre, Thorn Park is within easy access to other nearby locations by public transport, with a bus stop right outside the home. The home is also located in a conservation area, near to a spacious and well-kept park; perfect for walks in the summer. The rear south facing gardens are private, enclosed and secure, ideal for residents who want to read a book in the sunshine, or enjoy light refreshments with friends and family.
Every individual who comes to live at Thorn Park is valued and treated with the respect and dignity according to their individual needs and wishes.