Relief (Bank) Community Support Worker/Intervenor
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker/Intervenor?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a community support worker to join our outstanding team of intervenors for our services in the Exmouth area – Exeter, Plymouth and Bovey Tracey.
This is a unique post working a variety of hours each week depending on your availability and the service needs. You will be working 1-1 at our Providence Court hub or in the community with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements, individuals may need support during the day, evenings or weekends.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension Scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you’ll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
Your required skills and experiences:
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so knowledge of or willingness to learn is beneficial..
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
Please use the link to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Care / support worker, Community, Day services, Entry level roles, Residential care home
Sense Here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Type of organisationCharity
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Our experts offer personalised support through our centres, holidays and short breaks, or in people’s own homes. We are here for everyone who needs us, for as long as they need us – providing early intervention for children, helping young people access education, and supporting the transition into adulthood and beyond.
In addition to practical support, we also offer information to families, and campaign for the rights of people with complex disabilities to take part in life.