Waking night carer
REPORTS TO: SENIOR CARER/MANAGER
To work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
1. To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, and as instructed by the senior carer, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
2. To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements that are relevant such as HEALTH AND SAFETY, COSHH, RIDDOR. All aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
3. To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
4. To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behavior, actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
5. Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
6. Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed, washing, repairing and putting away all residents laundry, and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
7. Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance to eat and drink.
8. To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.