Senior/Team Leader (JOB SHARE) Paignton
Duties and Responsibilities
· To ensure that the personal needs of our residents, including all personal care are attended to by the team with optimum independence, dignity and respect
· Awareness of timings, support care staff if residents are not up and about in the mornings/or ready for bed etc
· To ensure senior care staff administer safe medication following appropriate documentation, ensuring records are up to date and reflect the needs of the resident, to include correct completion of the MAR
· Responsibility for the correct booking in of medication; and the ordering of missing medication in time for changeover
· Ordering of monthly medication to include the return of bags, boxes and any other medication for return
· Completion of care plans and risk assessments (residents to be allocated by the manager)
· To supervise the team in caring for residents at all times providing a high quality standard of care whilst attending to the basic care needs of all residents.
· Responsibility for the assessment of residents’ care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of care plans. Document and evaluate any required information on care plans as requested by the Manager. Schedule regular care plan reviews, where appropriate invite relevant professionals
· Oversee the accurate completion of Food & Fluid Charts and Continence Assessments
· Complete Notifications in a timely manner
· To input relevant care information on to the Person Centred Software
· To contact GP’s, District Nurses and other professionals in the best interest of the residents including calling duty doctors or paramedics when required.
· Auditing of medication and care plans with the manager/and or Head Office
· Completion of rotas
· To complete supervisions and appraisals for care staff
· Organise regular team meetings
· Ensure new care staff complete unit one of the Care Certificate within week one and fully complete within 12 weeks of starting with the company. Organise Mandatory training as appropriate and help educate staff. Assign key workers/co-workers to support new staff
· In liaison with the Activities Co-ordinator, involving residents in daily routines, social activities and divisional therapy groups to enhance their quality of life. Take part in arranging social outings and accompany residents to these.
· Ensure that the staff are responsible for the care of resident’s personal items of clothing. To organise repairs or replacements, ensuring adequate clothing for the resident’s needs. Liaising with residents/relatives regarding new purchases as required.
· Ensure correct usage of flannels, dry wipes, gloves, red bags for soiled laundry, PPE by yourself and care staff.
· To answer call bells and respond to emergency bells.
· To answer and deal with telephone enquiries from visitors, and show potential residents around the home as required.
· To maintain good relationships with members of staff of all grades, acting as mentor and taking a supervisory role.
· To be proficient in Fire Procedure and able to take charge in the event of an emergency.
· Respect and encourage residents independence, promoting respect, and dignity
· To comply with Care Quality Commission (CQC), other governing body regulators and Peninsula Care Homes Ltd policies and internal audits.
· Take reasonable care of their own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions
· In addition to your normal duties, you may be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the business
· To ensure that the ambience and quality of the Home is maintained at all times
· To attend all mandatory training and any training pertaining to the position which may occur over and above the normal rota hours
. Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
. Preferred Medication trained (eMAR)
. Prepared to work every-other weekend
. Experience of Dementia Care