Residential Home Administrator (Otterton, nr Budleigh Salterton)
The Old Vicarage Care Home in the village of Otterton (between Sidmouth and Budleigh Salterton), is a small care home for older people. Run by a committed, friendly and diligent team who were recently awarded an ‘outstanding’ rating for the care they provide.
We are looking for an experienced Administrator to take on this interesting and varied role which is vital to the smooth running of the home. You would be carrying out administrative duties including; telephone operation, dealing with enquiries, filing, archiving, typing, minuting, producing memos, letters and newsletters, supporting recruitment, training and induction processes, assisting residents with administrative issues, setting up resident accounts, managing payroll and calculating wages and management of petty cash.
This role requires a very special kind of person, who will fit in well within our friendly, enthusiastic and caring team. You should be able to bring a calm and organised manner to our office environment and be willing and patient in assisting our residents, relatives and staff with their administrative queries. The person applying for this role should have the following skills and characteristics:
· Possess competent IT skills eg. Word, Excel and payroll systems, with an ability to learn in-house systems for administration.
· Proficient at typing, with experience at minuting meetings or shorthand.
· Good literacy and numeracy skills.
· Able to be careful and methodical in their work and give attention to detail.
· A clear communicator, both written and verbally.
· A personality who remains calm and polite under pressure and is able to be resilient.
· At least 5 years of previous experience of administrative duties.
· Proven experience at managing a busy workload and an ability to work independently, in an organised way, prioritising and completing work to a deadline.
· Able to work well as a key person in a friendly team, offering enthusiasm, positivity, encouragement and support to others.
· Smart appearance and ability to present yourself in a trustworthy and reassuring manner.
· An understanding of the Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and how this effects financial and welfare considerations of people in care.
· Proven experience of engaging with older people on sensitive issues such as; finances, wills & LPOAs.
· A proven ability to communicate with older people or those with sensory or short-term memory loss.
If you feel you are suited to this role, please send a CV, which shows your previous experience in administration, and send a short statement which explains why you would suit this role and how you meet the person specification.