Security Support Worker
This role will involve being part of the security team, carrying out security tasks on across the secure environment; this may include:
- Being responsible for ensuring a safe environment for people, property, information and reputation within the Secure Services directorate.
- Carrying out perimeter checks across site, including wards – reporting any security concerns/damage.
- Carrying out alarm checks
- Completing room search/communal area search on allocated wards
- Assist ward in admitting new patients – ensure property is accurate and adhering to policy.
- Act as escort/driver for any hospital/court visits
- Searching of patients on return from leave
- Responding to the wards in case of emergency (be part of restraint team)
- Have responsibility for managing and checking patient property, adherence to amount of property in bedroom and inventory of stored patient property is accurate, banned items checked regularly and areas maintained/tidy/accessible.
- Complete monthly security audits.
- Complete site walk rounds.
- Provide key inductions to new staff, visitors to the site.
- Provide training alongside Security Manager to staff – handcuff/softcuff, security awareness and search training
- Assisting in site wide security improvements.
Hospital, Wider services
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Type of organisationPublic Sector
We provide a wide range of NHS services to people with mental health and learning disability needs – in Devon, the wider South West region and nationally.We are passionate about promoting good mental health and wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise and resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe and focused on people’s recovery.
Our passion and commitment to achieve this shapes our vision, mission and strategy. Our staff are pivotal in everything we do and we are committed to involving them fully in the development of the Trust and our services.